Enjoy Autumn and all it's splendor. Celebrate the season with the kids, extended family, and friends. Make the most of fall and fill your calendar with these amazing activities.
1. You must go apple picking! Visit a local orchard and grab a basket to collect tasty fruits for making apple pie, candied or caramel apples, apple cider, and apple cider donuts.
2. Get lost in a corn maze! Have a bit of daytime family fun wandering through a gigantic field of corn or get spooked with friendly flashlight nighttime maze outings.
3. Visit a pumpkin patch and sift through various sizes and shapes of pumpkins, gourds, corn, and more. Take part in their festivities from face-painting to hayrides to delicious elephant ears and cider.
4. Go to a sunflower farm and take a wagon ride through fields of brightly colored blooms.
5. Make scarecrows! Go through closets and totes of forgotten clothing or visit your local thrift store for inexpensive items to adorn your new friends. Stuff them with leaves or use PVC piping to hold their shape and spread them around the yard!
6. Make homemade Halloween decorations from everyday items found around the house. Use Pinterest and other online resources to inspire the day’s creativity.
7. Take nature hikes in local parks, state parks, or even around the neighborhood while pointing out everything beautiful and wondrous in our world.
8. Schedule a local scenic hot air balloon ride to see your city in full fall foliage!
9. Collect colorful leaves and making leaf rubbings with crayons or colored pencils. Then, draw faces on the leaves with sharpies like jack-o-lanterns to spruce up the house! You can even cut out the eyes and mouth and watch them shrivel and get spookier as they dry!
10. Use your phone to snap pics and record neighborhood squirrels and other wildlife. Make a collage for your screensaver, animations, or set the slideshow to music for your kids to enjoy.
11. Camping trips during cooler temps equal less bugs, lower prices, and fewer people! It’s the perfect time for peaceful and precious moments shared with your loved ones.
12. Visit a historical cemetery, tell spooky tales on your tour, and make grave rubbings as mementos of your excursion.
13. Invite friends and family for a bonfire. Have them bring blankets to snuggle under and serve hot cocoa, cider, pumpkin lattes, your home-bake donuts, caramel apples, s’mores, any of your fall favorites will do!
14. Visit a haunted house or turn yours into one and invite all your friends and family. Make invitations for a potluck evening together and have them bring spooky dishes to pass!